Wednesday 13 November 2013

Kindness

BEDN Day 13 and our topic is World Kindness Day.

I'm not too sure what to say about today's topic.  I've always assumed that people are intrinsically kind to each other so I'm baffled as to why we would need a World Kindness Day.

I remember reading a few years ago about random acts of kindness, where folk randomly do something kind for someone they know or a stranger.  Being a natural cynic I always wondered what would happen if you went up to a total stranger and did them an act of kindness - would they be surprised, baffled, grateful or try to knock your block off?

I suppose I hope that I go through life being kind to people and don't need a special day to be kind.  Perhaps there are folk who need a nudge!

So was I kind to people today?  I don't know - I think I was but not in an overt way that I can quantify.  Maybe I'm not the person to ask; as those I've met today!

No comments:

Post a Comment