Monday 4 November 2013

Food Glorious Food!

Day 4 of BEDN and the topic is Food Glorious Food - well that covers a multitude of sins, doesn't it?

I bake at least once a week as my boys have areal weakness for cakes!  I'm not one for fancy decorating, I think I could do it but it never seems necessary for a batch of chocolate chip fairy cakes that get eaten really quickly.  My Mum used to make wonderful cakes which she decorated - I have some great memories of birthday cakes she made for me and my sister. I wish I had pictures of them, especially the upside-down mushroom cake!

  My latest success was a lemon drizzle cake  made to Mary Berry's recipe - the perfect blend of sweet cake and tart lemon drizzle.  It was wonderful!

I'm a huge fan of The Great British Bake-Off and would love to bake some of the creations on there.  Maybe one day ...  I'd like to try Chelsea buns after watching Paul Hollywood make some this weekend but when he says they're challenging I think perhaps I should try something less 'challenging' for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment