Wednesday 4 November 2015

#BEDN - Failing

Today's prompt is Photography but as I take hardly any pictures and those are pretty rubbish I've decided to go 'off-piste' with my post.

Whenever I sign up for things like #BEDN or NaNoWriMo I have the very best of intentions. I will be disciplined and organised and sail through the challenge with all the aplomb I know others have and I aspire to.

As usual I rush into it, fail to think it through, fail to plan and therefore plan to fail. The whole thing seemed like such an adventure when I signed up. I was going to enjoy the discipline of blogging each day; of writing 50,000 words in a month. This was going to be the time that I got myself into a routine that I could stick to and my writing would come on in leaps and bounds.

Yet here I am on Day 4 of the challenge and I'm behind with my word count for NaNoWriMo and I'm struggling to think of something interesting to put on the blog.

What does this say about me? That I always bite off more than I can chew? That once again I'm over-reaching myself? That I lack the discipline to do any serious writing?

Hopefully it just says that I'm human and fallible. 

I'll try to do better but I may fail again/fall short. I'm rather good at failing these days.

2 comments:

  1. I generally fail challenges because I fail to plan! I've tried and failed NaNoWriMo three years in row, I get to about 10,000 words and then I'm like um what's next?? I was actually writing a blog post today about all the challenges I've failed to complete, turns out a lot. But I'm getting better at planning and organising and I think the real failure is not trying at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely with you on that Natasha! Not trying is the ultimate failure and I hope to keep trying many things for a long time to come.

      Delete