Sunday 11 May 2014

Sandwiches

BEDM Day 11 & the topic is sandwiches (National Sandwich Day apparently)

Well it's been a while since I had a sandwich.  This is because of the eating regime my PT Simon has me on.  Basically, if I like it, I can't have it!  Seriously I'm very restricted in the carb department which means no bread except rye.

Now I'm sure there are those out there who have made successful sandwiches using rye bread. I'm not one of them.  For me a sandwich needs soft white bread, wholemeal at a push.  But rye just doesn't do it for me in the sandwich department.

Back in the good old days when I was allowed sandwiches I had a few favourites - cheese with anything (tomato, pickle, salad, Marmite, jam), egg with mayo or salad (no cress please!), marmalade, Vegemite, sandwich spread (good grief I love that stuff!)

Now I have the salad without the bread which isn't quite the same.  There is a moment in the future, when I've achieved a target weight, that Simon says I can have cheese, pasta & bread again.  I'm already planning a cheese salad sandwich ... or cheese & tomato ... or pickle ... or crisps ...

No comments:

Post a Comment