Saturday 10 May 2014

Oh for goodness sake woman!!

It had to happen.  I spent so much time yesterday pondering what I could write on the topic of Motivation that I totally failed to write anything! 

Today's topic is World Fair Trade Day but I'm going to try & address yesterday ...

Obviously I need a real kick up the pants in terms of motivation, otherwise why couldn't I get my act together & write something?  I guess it may be dependent on whether the topic grabs my attention.  I often find that I struggle when I'm not really interested in something.  This isn't the end of the world when it comes to blogging but is more of a problem when it comes to more important stuff like my writing.  I know that to improve & gain confidence I must write each day but it's so easy to put it off until another day (which of course means not doing it at all!)

I think some it stems from the fact that I'm not very confident in my own abilities.  I always doubt myself, even when folk have been kind enough to say nice things about my writing.  This also explains why so little of my writing has seen the light of day - I just don't have the confidence in my ability.  I'm trying to resolve to been more confident about it but, like a lot of things, that's easier said than done.

So my motivation has to be to get my writing out into the big, wide world & see if it sinks or swims.  Watch this space!  

No comments:

Post a Comment