Monday 3 August 2015

Word of the Week - Menopause

This week has been dominated by thoughts of menopause.

I know being in my 50s means this is an inevitable part of my life now but, boy, does it hit you like a sledgehammer sometimes!

This past week has been full of hot flushes, night sweats, mood changes, generally feeling ill and tired - all rubbish symptoms.

I finally got round to seeing the doctor about all this nonsense and have been prescribed norethisterone to get me back on an even keel. Hopefully this will sort out my problems and I can get back to being my usual sunny self; if not then I may need other treatments which may be more serious and invasive than taking a pill three times a day. So fingers crossed that I'm on the road to recovery/normality and boo hiss to the rotten old menopause! 

No comments:

Post a Comment