Thursday 11 June 2020

What to do with a homeless story




So a while ago I finished writing a novel/novella. 56,000 word fantasy novel. And I spent several months sending it to any agent I could find who had an interest in fantasy. 

You've guessed what happened next: nothing. No interest at all and the novel lies dormant on my hard drive. Now, why am I not sending it out to other agents? Well, the truth is, I'm now writing something else in a different genre and it's much more the sort of thing that I want to write.

So why did I write a fantasy novel in the first place? It was a product of an odd conversation and NaNoWriMo. And when it was done I thought I should give it a chance in the big wide world so I went down the traditional publishing route and hit a dead end.

I know that most manuscripts don't get representation and most end up on the hard drive of death. But I want my little story to have its moment in the sun. So my dilemma now is do I self publish via Amazon and see if anyone will part with a few quid for it or do I break it down and publish as a series here or on Canelo? And how do I ever think up a good pseudonym to use on Amazon?

Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment