Tuesday 10 January 2017

52 Weeks in 52 Words Challenge

The lovely Sacha Black over at http://sachablack.co.uk set a challenge to write a 52 word story every week for 52 weeks. As someone who struggles with verbosity at times I was immediately drawn to this challenge.

Our first prompt was to include the phrase 'the timer started' somewhere in our 52 word story. I thought I'd share mine with you here on my lovely blog so read on and let me know what you think.


His eyes widened in terror as the timer started. The winder turned, pulling the rope that was attached to the trigger of the shotgun. And he was staring down its barrel. Time slowed, his breathing quickened and his terror grew. She turned away, walked through the door, flinched at the shotgun's retort.


Short but not really sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Well done. Very emotive, filling your head with questions. Love a bit of flash fiction :-)

    ReplyDelete