Saturday 31 December 2016

#PoCoLo Blogging Showcase


In a shameless attempt to write a post despite having no inspiration I have stumbled across #PoCoLo hosted by Morgan at http://www.morganprince.com/ and Stephanie at http://www.lifeat139a.com/ so I decided to join in with their Blogger Showcase. Helpfully for those of us whose brains aren't working yet this morning they have supplied a list of questions to help me! So here goes...

Who are you?
I'm Johanne a fifty something aspiring writer. A Brummie by birth I now live in Oxfordshire with my hubby and grown up son. Three cats complete our family and they are the real bosses in our house.

How did you discover blogging?
I guess like most people I fell into it by accident. I spend far too long surfing the web and I stumbled on a blog called http://www.thereadingresidence.com/ I enjoyed reading about what Jocelyn was up to and started reading regularly. This lead me to the blogs of people who commented on her blog and soon I wanted to be part of that community. And the first version of my blog was born!

When did you first start blogging?
I really can't remember! However I have been doing it for a few years now and it's hard to remember what life was like before I blogged.

What do you find most challenging?
I struggle to be consistent. I'm full of good intentions but sometimes life gets in the way and I forget to blog. Then I feel guilty and fall out of love with my blog and it snowballs. So one of my challenges for 2017 is to be more consistent with my posting.

What is your favourite topic to write about?
I love sharing my writing on the blog. I haven't done that recently because I have been busy with my novel and don't know whether to share any of that before it's finished. But I love hearing what people think about my stories.

Are you blogging for fun or do you have goals?
Until last month I would have said for fun but I am trying to take blogging more seriously in 2017n so I now have goals. I'm very motivated at the moment so let's hope I can keep it going over the next 12 months.

What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love all the virtual friends I have made through my blog. I have been lucky enough to find a really supportive writing community and I rely on them to keep me motivated and grounded when I get down about my 'talent'. I hope to meet some of them in real life in 2017; I'm sure we can chat for England about all sort of stuff.

Have you ever attended a blogging conference?
No. Short answer! So far I've not taken blogging that seriously but maybe 2017 is the year I get round to checking out the conference scene.

What are your best 3 posts?
Gosh, that's a tough one to answer. I have enjoyed writing some short stories that I have shared on my blog so they must feature. The most viewed posts are ones where I've shared something about my writing like the post about winning at NaNoWriMo.

Describe yourself in 3 words.
Another tricky one. I always think that when you choose your own words folk who know you say 'Really? I've never though of you like that.' So I'm sticking my neck out by choosing anything. But here goes nothing: caring, funny, loyal. Now don't judge me too harshly, there are plenty of other facets to me.

Are you a tea and biscuit or a coffee and cake person?
To be honest I'm a tea and cake person! I'll always choose tea over coffee, I'm typically old school English and everything can be solved over a pot of tea. And yes, it needs to be leaf tea from a tea pot. Given the choice I would have a slice of cake with my tea, lemon drizzle or banana cake by preference.

What's you idea of a perfect night out?
A trip to the theatre will always please me. I'm far too old for clubbing and I'm not keen on the modern pub culture so a trip to see a play will suit me.

Your perfect night in?
Pop a DVD in, pour me a G&T and I'm a happy bunny! Something with Benedict Cumberbatch or Daniel Craig will be fine.

What would your best friend/Mum/OH or kids say is your best quality?
Wow! This sounds like a trumpet blowing moment and takes me right out of my comfort zone. If you force me to pick one I suppose it's my sense of loyalty and fairness. Makes me sound rather worthy but I had to pick something. I'm more fun than that really!

So there you are, something about me and my blogging life. Things will be hotting up on my blog next year so do pop by and see what I'm up to in 2017!




No comments:

Post a Comment