Thursday 3 December 2020

Madge's Musings 3rd Day of Advent

 'Well that was bloody annoying. All that thinking about Aunt Bertha and now I'm behind with potion brewing. I'm supposed to have this batch of love potions ready by tomorrow so I'll be having a late night in the workshop.

I found Aunt Bertha's notebook after moving several boxes. Never had much organisation in the house so it took a while to find them but they were under a box of bottles I'd moved from my Father's after we parted ways. Anyway, once I'd found them I spent more time than I should have reading through and remembering.

That side of my family are, well my Father never got on with them so we didn't see them very often. Mother would take us to visit when the weather allowed but the mountain people were mysterious and therefore very attractive. I'm not sure if you know this but magical abilities are passed from mother to daughter so it was from my Mother's mountain family that I got my magical ability. When Mother left her family to marry Father she cut herself off from that life but she made sure that we knew where we came from. As her daughter I always knew the importance of the bloodline. My brothers were more interested in Father's family and the wood link. Father was a carver and had sap in his veins, which my brothers loved and wished they had his talent.

So, there I was rifling through Aunt Bertha's notebook and thinking about my visits to the mountains when I dozed off. I dreamed that I was visiting, I dreamed I tasted my Grandma's flat bread and Luka's fruit beer. It was a good dream. Except when I woke up my neck was stiff, my knees were locked and the fire had gone out. So I am behind with my work, I'm cranky and I have nothing to say to you. It's your fault for making me think of this stuff anyway.

Shove off now, I'm busy and you're in the way. Come back tomorrow and I may have more time for you.

And close the door behind you!'

No comments:

Post a Comment