Saturday 4 July 2020

A 'Thank You' to Birch Moon Press




Yesterday a long held dream of mine came true.
I am now a professionally published writer.

At the start of lockdown a group of six women writers and artists had an idea to compile an anthology of work responding to the pandemic. They wanted to see what women thought of the virus, the way it altered all our lives and what if anything we could learn from this experience. Birch Moon Press was born out of this and I submitted a story for the anthology.

These women, and many more besides, met through a Facebook group. We have become friends and have even managed to meet up in real life. I am in awe of the way they juggle families, careers and creative endeavours and their support for all women is a wonderful thing. I have learned so much from all of them and am honoured to call them friends and fellow creatives.

Yesterday the anthology was published and you can buy a copy here https://birchmoonpress.co.uk/

I would like to thank Maddy, Nikki, Sophie, Alice, Chrissie and Renee for bringing this wonderful enterprise to life, for supporting me as a writer and for being my friends. What they have done for me is truly life affirming. If I never have another thing published I will be content. One of my stories has gone out into the world and that is enough. My words and ideas are living independently of me and I'm as giddy as if my son had become President of the World!

A dream come true indeed.
Now, maybe I need to write another story that I can release into the wild ...


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a part of it. We couldn't have done any of it without the brilliant authors.

    Keep writing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo, I feel quite tearful reading this! Thanks for coming with us on the journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me cry too! Such exciting times xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you all. You are amazing and I can't wait to read this. I got my copy all ready to go. Well done to you all xx

    ReplyDelete