Monday 12 October 2015

Cathedral Challenge

I've been thinking about this for a while and have finally decided to do something about it.

I've decided to visit every CofE cathedral in England. I may try to add Scotland and Wales at a later date but I need to start with a manageable challenge.

I've always loved visiting churches and cathedrals so it seemed like a good idea to try and visit the cathedrals of England. It also got me thinking when I realised that I lived in Birmingham and close by for 30 years and had never been in St Philips Cathedral! How shameful is that?

So now I'm hoping to put that right. I shall start with the closest one to me which is Oxford - a lovely little cathedral situated inside Christ's College. All things being equal I hope to visit this week and get some pictures to start my challenge. Some of the other local ones can be done as day trips - Gloucester, Salisbury, Coventry - others such as Durham, Manchester, Liverpool will need a weekend away, which is a bonus!

So there we are; something to plan and look forward to. I'm looking forward to learning more about the history of these impressive buildings and finding out what treasures they contain.

Watch out for my first post soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment