Friday 13 May 2022

How Can I Navigate All This?


 Okay, I confess, I'm not tech savvy at all. Right up front, there it is. So maybe I'm being really dense but I'm struggling to get my head round how it all works. 

I've been trying to share work on another blogging platform and have been finding it a frustrating experience. What makes it worse is that everyone else seems to think that it's a really easy platform to use. So I must be the problem if I can't figure it out, right?

Perhaps.

But I'm feeling confused and left out over there. So I've decided to move away from that place and return to here where I feel settled. At least I know what's going on over here, it feels more like my blogging home.

However, I'm also feeling confused about the whole podcasting thing. I dipped a toe into it with a spooky electronic voice reading my words and the feedback I got was that I would be better to read it myself. And I have to say I agree, the electronic voice did my writing no favours.

I return to my first point. I'm not tech savvy. So the world of podcasting is very scary and strange. I don't have technical skills and I've failed on numerous occasions to acquire them. So the highly polished world of the podcast isn't somewhere I feel at home.

This is a barrier but one I want to try and climb.

So, in the spirit of adventure I'm going to try podcasting without the frills. Just me and my words. No fancy intros and outros, no music, no sound effects or posh editing. I'm going to sit and chat and read out what I want to share. It will be a car crash but it will be my car crash and I'll own it.

Watch out for me, I'll be the girl with the Brummie accent reading out stuff and fluffing her lines somewhere in the podcast-verse.

Photo by Hans-Peter Gauster on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment