Thursday 5 July 2018

Jumping Ahead

I sometimes wonder what goes through my mind at times.
But then if I knew that it might worry me!

I have been making good progress on the second draft of my WIP and this makes me very happy. Everything has been planned out chapter by chapter and I'm enjoying writing a more satisfying story than the one I cobbled together in my first draft. So everything in the writing garden should be lovely, right?

Well, yes, except I'm jumping ahead again.

I've started to obsess about approaching agents, finding beta readers, editing, you name it really.

I know, I'm not anywhere near needing any of those things yet but they have been playing on my mind. I'm starting to worry about things that are nowhere near as important as getting the second draft written! Even when I do need them I have many lovely writer friends who will help point me in the right direction.

So why am I jumping ahead? I think it's a consequence of the talking therapies I have had in the past. They got me to visualise what success would look and feel like, to visualise the steps I would take to make my success happen. I think that my brain is now performing these visualisations before I need to do those tasks. And I'm jumping ahead.

So on go the brakes, no more jumping ahead, just writing, writing, writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment