Tuesday 14 April 2015

What I'm Writing

So happy to see Maddy back after an eventful (and hopefully fun!) Easter break.

I've been doing ok with my writing. There is an on-going 'scary' story which is up to three episodes so far. I've also got two short story competitions to write for this month - one is a free form story so I need to think of a plotline; the other is inspired by my home town, Birmingham, and I've got a childhood  memory which I think I can mould into a half decent story.

I've also got a story stored on my hard drive which I want to re-read and revive. It's about two years since I last looked at it and I want to assess if it's worth saving or if its time has passed. I hope the former because I was rather fond of it when I started it.

Do pop across to read my scary story - I've got to work out what to do with poor Tom next. He's already been through a lot; should I torture him some more or give him a happy ending? Who knows!

11 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to hear your story inspired by Birmingham-that's where we currently live! I have never found inspiration from my local area but perhaps it's because I live there and see it on a 'day to day' basis. I do like the canals though-their history is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that the competition rules allow me to share it on the blog but I promise to get it out there somehow!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have loads of irons in the fire Jo! I'm a total wuss so won't reads the scary story, but look forward to hearing more about the competitions #whatimwriting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly feeling busy! Sorry my story is too scary for you - I don't usually write scary stuff but this one has got a life of its own!

      Delete
  3. Ooh there's another instalment to the scary story? - I'll have to go and read that next! Sounds like the writing is going well! I look forward to hearing more about the competitions (and if you ever need a place to share you can join our #WhatImWriting group on Facebook... if you're on FB? Let me know!) Thanks for linking to #WhatImwriting xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to pop across and read your scary story. Good luck with that old manuscript, I've just pulled out an old story of mine and I'm currently reading through it to see if there's anything worth salvaging. Hope it is just what you're after. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Morgan. Yes, I'm slightly worried that the old stuff won't excite me as much as it did when I was writing it!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you've got loads of ideas to go at! Good luck with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding time to do it all will be my downfall Zoe! Hope it all comes together - nice to have so many opportunities.

      Delete
  6. Loads going on! I'm up for a bit of a scary story. Reading old writing usually uncovers a few gems, even if the overall thing isn't what you thought it might be. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete