Friday 4 December 2015

Word of the Week - Excitement

So for the first time in a long while my Word of the Week is Excitement!

This week I bought tickets to Common People Oxford. It's a Bank Holiday weekend music event featuring some bands I'm not familiar with such as Primal Scream and Public Enemy. I've heard of them but don't know their music at all so it'll be fun to hear something new. I'm thrilled that The Sugarhill Gang are playing and Soul II Soul so there will be a bit of bopping! Also there's loads of street food stalls, cocktail bars and a knitting tent - how much fun can I bear in one weekend? It's like going to a festival but we get to sleep in our own beds at night - very important at my time of life, camping days are long gone. 

I'm also slowly getting a tiny bit festive - Christmas pudding made (not sure about it as it doesn't seem very dark, new recipe...) and the first Christmas card arrived this morning. All I need now is a mulled wine and it'll be ho-ho-ho all the way...

3 comments:

  1. Ah soul to soul - that's a blast from the past! MOH makes a fab Christmas pud that's not dark and now we much prefer them that way - I'm sure it will be delicious X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sounds exciting! I'm like you, I like a festival as long as I'm not actually camping! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music gig sounds like such fun - I haven't been to a live gig for absolutely ages!! It sound great, I hope you had a great time when the time comes!
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete